HEALTHY LIVING(APPLES VS NICOTINE)

Yesterday,in umuahia I witnessed eruption of a dormant volcanic personality . What was the problem? To a great extent,the reason was what I found personally to be alarming,swaying and on the contrary,interesting. A woman by the roadside was discharging her duties and making a living. Also contributing to the economy and helping in circulating the money.This woman innocently was actively involved in what I termed,SERVING THE PUBLIC. She was playing her perceived decent role economically by providing services(retailing) which  is the completion and  very vital stage in the process of marketing every product(value). But,the seller was infuriated when the supposed no it better  middle-aged lady approached her table of survival where she had all kinds of fruits and vegetables in display. The buyer was a dogged health activist,a member of a group known for promoting healthy living and selling of supplements. These set of people believe that NICOTINE is injected into apples that are gotten from foreign countries. The reason for this injection is to keep those apples preserved for  a longer period while on sale.And by this philosophy,nicotine is a poisonous substance that that is terribly harmful to human body. This substance is addictive and  propels the damaging of epithelial cells in which,the accumulation of dead cells leads to cancer. nicotine intake can lead to cells separation.  ''madam,I want some oranges,pineapple,cucumber,carrot and bananas. I wanted some apples too but,these ones here are not healthy for consumption,'' said the buyer. The seller ignored the inflammatory statement but when her pulse over bulged,she vented her spleen. The seller haven assumed the buyer was spinster, in a vernacular that caught my attention she said,''uturu gbaa gi. lee nu gi. oto n'aka Nne.'' The buyer responded almost in a polite but,aggravating manner. Her tone was low but her words sparked fire. Myself an other onlookers rose to the occasion and mediated.We actually averted the brewing war actions in blow but not in words.The women for a while fired missiles at each other until some persons forced the would have been buyer out of sight. At a point I almost vacillated from drawing near the fuming woman (seller). I waited to inquire if she was from my village because of her  native language and she responded positively to me when her storm of anger subsided and her tongue and mouth anchored. '' are u from nchara aknu?'',I inquired in less interrogative voice.  By this time I knew my attempt could either yield a good fate or contempt. She had to attend softly appreciating the the fact that I was on side side at time of feud with the 'over sabi' lady.  we got along well in the end. She wasn't from village but had lived there when growing as a young girl with a relative. She gave me some fruits but,apple was not included. I guess she didn't want me to battle with what the 'market spoiler' said earlier or,the original reason,apples are expensive. No one should cry after doing charity. for me,I found a place to buy my fruits. 'who no like awufu?'

Comments

Post a Comment